Tuesday, November 13, 2012

New flair in footwear

There's a new wave in footwear sweeping the world!  Ok, so they're actually not so new, but flats are having a big moment right now!  And I'm not talking about sweet ballerina flats with the bows (those are great and all...), I'm talking about NEAT-O statement flats.  Moreover, styles right now feature a "smoking slipper" style. 

I think it's time that our feet got a break!  I mean, wearing heels is great and empowering and all, but don't we want an alternative?  Just a little one?  These would look just as cute with jeans as they would a simple shift dress.... what do you think?


Loafer

Loafer (see more slip on shoes)
Charlotte Olympia flat

House of Harlow 1960 flat

Loafer

Loafer (clipped to polyvore.com)
Flat

Flat (see more flat shoes)

What do you think?  I'm kind of obsessed with the cheekiness of the cat flat!  Cats have always had an odd stronghold on fashion..... and I can't see why that should change!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I read every single one. :)