Monday, October 22, 2012

Boots go native.

Riding boots have been the hottest ticket this fall, yet there's another trend in boots that's emerging through the fashion-cracks.  Indian blanket inspired boots have seemingly taken over.  Fall nearly begs for our boho roots to take hold, what with the flowy ponchos and snuggly scarves and sweaters.  Now, our feet can be cool (well, warm) too!

I first saw these while doing a little Boutique of the Week work, and I'm seeing them everywhere!  What do you think?


Boots



Ankle booties



woven carpet ETHNIC pattern bohemian leather boots size 8



Cobra Society ankle booties




And then I found these in my blogger-comrade's post; the lovely Anna James of Fash Boulevard!

MARRAKECH


MARRAKECH (clipped to polyvore.com)

So that makes it official, friends.  These boots are having a MOMENT!  I've always been drawn to this look.  When I was a kid, I got a pair of moccasins every year and wore them until my toes were ready to burst from the front.

So, what to wear with them?  I'd go neutral and slouchy.  Definitely with skinny jeans or leggings (gotta show off that artwork!).
Sweater


Sweater (see more knit tops)

Quiksilver sweater



Kimi Turtleneck


Forever 21 sweater



These are my all-time favorite skinny jeans:
Old Navy jeans


Then, just add an edgier necklace, and you're set to go!


Forever 21 necklace



Knotted Spike Necklace | FOREVER21 - 1025444505



Forever 21 necklace



Maybe add a bright lip!  How pretty would a red-orange (think J.Crew inspired) lip be?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I read every single one. :)