Thursday, September 11, 2014

What we'll be wearing next spring

New York Fashion Week results are in: stripes on stripes, stripes and florals, stripes on pants, stripes, stripes, stripes! Stripes are a springtime classic, and no designer has missed the memo for their Spring/Summer 2015 designs.  Also on the rise are vintage floral patterns and micropleats.  It's so fun to see each designer's individuality in their designs.  While perusing the Fashion Week photos, the fashion truly felt fun, and I was so ready to gobble up these pieces, though we are just barely on the cusp of fall!

Looks like Rachel Zoe has escaped her usual black and white designs for this candy-striper-inspired ensemble!  Matching shortsuits are also on the rise amidst all designers, creating a streamlined look with a vintage appeal. 

Here, Alice + Olivia plays with the matchy trend, too.


You can always count on A+O for great pattern-mixing.  Stripes & florals are always a do in my book!


She has also caught onto the big culottes trend coming this spring! 


Kate Spade is always in my favorites, and I just love this look!  It dips into three trends: the crop top, the midi skirt, and the stripes & florals combo.  Bravo, Deborah Lloyd!

Joie can always be counted on for beautiful, feminine fabrics and prints.  I love the tiny pleats of this beautiful midi skirt.  The full silhouette makes it a universally flattering style for all body types, too!

Speaking of pleats, on a way rave-i-er note, Marc Jacobs did micropleats to perfection with his collection:


(The twisty buns don't hurt, either.)

And Rebecca Taylor, always so feminine and beautiful, did great little peeks of micropleats in her designs, too.



Also, be on the lookout for cropped pants, and especially ones with a teeny bell on the end, like in this Cynthia Rowley ensemble:


In all cases, big retro prints are a go, especially in suit form!

Though I'm excited for Pumpkin Spice Everything and cozy sweaters, the NYFW SS15 shows have gotten my palate prepped for the spring at the end of the tunnel.  To see more from the many talented designers, visit Style.com for wonderfully organized photos and reviews of each collection.  

All photos via Style.com

3 comments:

  1. The Spring collections were so stunning this year! One of everything, please! :) XO


    Anna
    alilyloveaffair.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Right? How about that A+O floor-length floral skirt?

    ReplyDelete
  3. HOW I GOT BACK MY LOST LOVER BY PRIEST ODUMA +2348153363047

    Hello my name is Kevin Jeffrey. I was in a sexual relationship with my ex-girlfriend for 4 years, we had rocky start for good 3 years then our relationship grew stronger and we were so happy and even planned to get married until she & my Mum had a blew, Mum called her awful names because she is short. I did what any partner would and stood by my ex-girlfriend, then she decides to dump me by text telling me that she was hurt by my Mum's behavior when they had a blew. I was mad when I noticed that she has reconciled with his old time fiancee week after the blew with Mum, I don’t want the years that I have spent with her to waste because I know that she truly love me but my Mum won’t allow us to get married.

    I contacted Spiritual Doctor named Priest Oduma from posts I saw on blogs. This powerful Spiritual Doctor helped me to change the mind of my Mum to like her and also broke the relationship she had with her new fiancee. Our feelings are stronger now, she loves and appreciates me. We have now got back to where we were happy, affectionate, passionate, romantic and loving. We will soon get married. I am so happy right now to share Priest Oduma email to someone out there that is suffering from heart break, contact him with; spellofsolution@gmail.com or call him on +2348153363047.........................................................

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I read every single one. :)