Thursday, August 28, 2014

Black eyed

I'm official! I spent the morning walking around the shops of Queen Anne (have I mentioned how much I love my neighborhood?) and wandered over to the library to get my card. It's a beautiful old building with gorgeous antique shelves and stained glass windows. Afterward, I wandered down the street with my book, I Feel Bad About My Neck by Nora Ephron. As I passed the Methodist church, a nice brick wall and billows of Black-eyed Susans caught my attention, so there I stopped. After the first story I called up my grandparents house and got my grandpa. I just love my grandparents. I'm so lucky to have grown up with them practically as second parents, and lucky that we are so close. We chatted about their upcoming trip to visit us this fall as I watched the Susans dance in the wind. It is a good day. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I read every single one. :)