Thursday, October 3, 2013

Valentino SS 14 Rules!!!

Now that the aftermath of Fashion Month has settled a bit, the smoke and commotion has cleared, and the pieces have all fallen where they may, I've gotten a chance to take a bit of a closer look at the riches.  One line that had me particularly floored was that of Valentino. 

Creative directors Maria Grazia Chiuri and Pierpaolo Piccioli have ruled the roost since 2008, holding up the integrity of Valentino, keeping its femininity, fine details, and clean lines intact.  What I love, especially about the '14 looks, is the injection of worldly grace.  They almost tap into an historical sense, as if they sprung to life from old museum photos.  Each look seems better than the last with a commotion of color, balance, and texture. 

Though I could have easily reposted them all, here are my favorites:











Though each piece is explosive in its pattern and color, the attention to sharp tailoring and classic shapes keeps it reigned in.  

Even if you're not ready to jump in full throttle, I love the idea of the jackets in this collection.  Worn with other clean, classic pieces, they stand out as a serious statement that still hold the integrity of the line.  

I just can't stop looking!  See the full collection here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I read every single one. :)