Saturday, March 2, 2013

She tucked her coral lipstick away...

My favorite part about the dust bags from my favorite designer?  The quote on them!  All of Kate Spade's dust bags have this amazing quote:

"She tucked her coral lipstick away and floated back to the party."

I love the carefree, super feminine, flirtatious vibe this gives off!  And I've seen enough fabulous makeup in the J. Crew style guides that I knew it was my time to be that saucy little vixen with the fabulous lip color.

So.... I went out and tried out some fancy lipsticks.  Fancy lipsticks?  Yes, as in not-from-the-drugstore lipsticks.  I wanted to see what the hype was all about.  So, I stepped up to the Chanel counter and tried a few colors until I found THE ONE.

 photo IMG_5679.jpg




I carry it around in the fabulous little bag that my future sister-in-law gave me.  Anytime I need a bit of a pick-me-up, out it comes!  It's amazing what a little bold lip will give you!  All of a sudden, I'm walking the walk and talking the talk, just because of a little swipe of coral.

Pros: It's great because it's not quite red... it's a coral-y red.  A great warm red, for those of you who stay away from bluish hues.  It swipes on magnificently and without a liner.  It's semi-matte, so it's not super shiny but not dull.  It does not dry out my lips at all.

Cons: It doesn't really stay put for very long.  Next time I swing by the makeup counter, I think I'll pick up a matching liner, just to help the staying power.  I want this color all day!  I'm willing to reapply every now and then for its fabulous qualities, though!  Plus, all-day lipcolor hasn't been so successful for me so far!

Specs:

Chanel Rouge Coco #31 Cambon

Get it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I read every single one. :)