Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Newfound love: Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer

How can it be that something so big, so powerful, so important, so meaningful.....

can fit in something thiiiiiiiis big?

Excuse my bathroom... it's under construction...

But it does.  I introduce to you, Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer.  It's a power-packed little makeup wonder that I'm not sure how I survived without.  I've been an eyeshadow-wearer forever.  I've always brooded at the bathroom mirror every morning, perfectly selecting and blending my colors.  When I finish, I take a step back and admire my work.  Then, six hours go by and I check myself in the mirror at work and -- EGADS!  All of the time and effort is now squeezed into one highly-pigmented little crease on my eyelid.  So frustrating.  So, so frustrating.

For a long while, I've been using a cream shadow as my base for eyeshadow.  It works... kind of... as long as no heat or sweat or stress is involved.  So, when I came upon this little guy I figured I didn't need it.  Well, consider my eyelid life changed. 


It goes on with a little lipgloss-like applicator.  It has a chalky/creamy consistency, and I rubbed it in, it slowly became matte, but not heavy.  I feared that when I applied my eyeshadow, the primer would grab at it, creating dense little pockets of shadow.  But it didn't!  My shadow glided on super smooth. 

awkward selfie with eyes closed.

This is how my shadow looked right when I finished my makeup.



At the end of the day, even after a pretty gnarly yoga class, it was the SAME.  Never, ever before have I felt this good about my eyelids.  

So, how about it?  What are your secret makeup wonders?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I read every single one. :)