Friday, November 2, 2012

High Five for Friday!!!

A very busy, exciting, meaningful, fun week is coming to a close.  Here are the highlights!

Many friends and family members gathered in D.C. last weekend to run in the Marine Corps Marathon 10k.  We were all there to commemorate my cousin's husband who lost his life in a training accident last year.  Coming together this way was so powerful -- and really fun, too!  Here we all are on the morning of the race.

While driving around D.C., I was really appreciating all of the row houses!  They're all so different and colorful, and they had the best Halloween decorations.  This one's simple, I know, but how dang cute are those spiders?!?

I figured out how to do this to my hair.  Hair victory!  I've been trying not to wash my hair every day, and this is a great way to freshen up second day hair without resolving to use hot tools.  Happy hair, happy girl.

With Hurricane Sandy sweeping through the east coast, I wasn't sure that my flight would leave D.C. on Sunday!  I waited and waited at Dulles airport, really anticipating a cancellation.  This big, tall beer calmed my nerves before I found out that I WAS GOING HOME!

Before my visit last weekend, I had NEVER been to D.C.!  I feel like I appreciated all the monuments more as an adult than I would have as a kid, so that's kind of cool!  I had this moment of patriotism when I first stood in front of this guy.  Honest Abe.

That's all for me!  Hope you all have a great weekend.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. hair victory indeed! You should do a tutorial!

    -liv
    http://chocolivlovelaugh.blogspot.kr/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I read every single one. :)