Monday, August 6, 2012

My Birthday

I've taken a brief hiatus from blogging as my life has taken some quick changes over the past few weeks!  In the most exciting news, I got a full-time job as the manager of a high-end consignment boutique a few towns over.  I'm delighted to be spending my time in fashion!  One of my duties includes doing the window displays, which I LOVE.  I'll share as I can.

Friday was my 23rd birthday.  Since I wasn't in town last year on my birthday, Mike decided to really make it special for me.  I woke up to a sweet serenade of "Happy Birthday," played and sung by Mike (accompanied by some not-so-musical cats meowing for breakfast).  He asked me to head downstairs with him, and this is what met my eyes:

IMG_4495 1

Sitting me down in front of my presents, he suggested I start with "the boring one" first. I began unwrappping the (freaking adorable) flag paper, and halfway through, he shouts, "Just kidding, this one's the good one!" My heart quickened and that paper flew off. What I found inside is nothing short of holy:

IMG_4496 1

The Kate Spade Shoes I've been fawning over since our NYC trip! The dear darling decided to get them for my birthday. Do I have a good man or what?!? So happy to marry this guy. For reasons other than shoes, too.

I did have to go to work, but I was pleasantly surprised with a visit from my friend Lauren, who drove 2.5 hrs to be there for my bday dinner! All the gals had an impromptu theme of black dresses.

IMG_45031
On me: Dress, Limited; On Lauren: Dress, f21

Saturday night was equally blast-worthy.  We had some of our nearest and dearest over for pizza and beer.  We ended up playing this HILARIOUS game called "Cards Against Humanity."  It's like Apples to Apples for dirty, awful people.  

All in all, the last weekend made me feel special and very lucky to be living the life I live.  I think birthdays should do that for everyone!  :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. I read every single one. :)