Friday, June 29, 2012

Summer Date Night

The other evening, Mike took me on a wonderful date!  We had a delicious (albeit nearly disastrous due to an eaten chili pepper) dinner at Stir Crazy, frozen yogurt at Red Mango, and we capped off the night by seeing The Avengers, and nearly had the theater to ourselves.  It was great!  

For this lovely occasion, I chose to wear something simple and functional, yet still date appropriate.  I chose to show off my newly tanned shoulders with a black tube top, but balanced it out with skinny jeans.  I have this great shrug sweater that's been in my family since the 70s or something -- scooped it up at my grandparents' house one day!  It made the perfect layering piece to keep me warm in the restaurant and theater.  Since there wasn't a whole lot of color happening, I chose my zany beaded tribal earrings from World Market.  I love them so.  

Oh, Red Mango, you're so good:


Photobucket

Photobucket
Jeans: Old Navy || tank: H&M || sweater: vintage || earrings: World Market || shoes: Charlotte Russe

Photobucket

Photobucket

Take off the sweater for a more sultry look: Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. oh gosh, i've only been to red mango once before but now you are making me really want one! loving your little outfit, girl! especially those shoes!!!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have Red Mango where I live and it's so delicious! LOVE your heels! They look fairly comfy :)

    ~Jacy

    http://laviedelenore.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I read every single one. :)