Wednesday, October 23, 2013

On Wednesdays we wear pink (bags).

Levi's denim buttondown, Supply and Demand leggings, Free People cami (old), Hot Mama necklace (similar), Kate Spade bag






It's funny -- now that I'm seeing these photos, I'm realizing just now NOT small this pink bag is.  When I saw it Monday at the Kate Spade outlet store, I thought Oh great, a small crossbody bag I can switch up with my big tote!!!  Nonetheless, it is smaller than the gargantuan suitcase-of-a-bag I'm normally sporting.  Plus, the deal I got on this thing shouldn't even be legal.  I'm super excited to get it in my rotation!  Fantasy football?  No thanks, handbags for me. 

When we unpacked these leggings with the leather tuxedo stripe, I thought there was no way I was cool enough to wear them.  After trying, though, I fell in love!  The tuxedo stripe makes them kind of cheeky rather than tough.  Since the leather on the leggings can be kind of edgy, I like to offset them with something not-so-edgy for daytime.  As of late (and as all my stylists at the store know), my favorite wardrobe piece is my denim buttondown.  My obsession has become somewhat of a joke, but it SERIOUSLY goes with everything!  (I can just hear the snickering!)  I added a striped tank to layer underneath for dimension.  Stripes really are a neutral, so long as the colors jive. 

To top it all off, I added a couple of my favorite accessories: my boots and my zany flower necklace.  The founder of Hot Mama, Megan Tamte, says that you should never leave the house without a piece of statement jewelry, and I couldn't agree more.  What a fun way to wake up an outfit!  Even paired with a simple tee, it makes your look seem more elevated.  Just so happens Hot Mama is having a 25% off accessories sale, so check it out!

If you need me I'll be in my denim buttondown.

1 comment:

  1. I love this pink look - I have so much trouble finding a good pink lip color!
    thoseghosts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I read every single one. :)