Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Lighten up, already!

When it comes to my hair, I do more more changes than you'd see at a Cher concert.  I'm always dying, highlighting, experimenting, trimming, adding bangs, growing out bangs, chopping off length, adding layers, growing out -- the list goes on (and on).  Out of all this, I've come to decide upon a couple favorites.  I've decided that I love my hair long.  I almost ALWAYS regret cutting my hair the instant I get home (or, in my younger years, put the scissors down).  There have been tears. 

Additionally, I'm learning that the color God gave me is not always the one that is most flattering.  Case in point: suuuuuper dark hair color I sported earlier this year.  Believe it or not... that was all natural.  MUCH too dark for my rosy skin, and especially in the wintertime when I turn white as this screen.  A little highlights go a long way for me.... but yesterday I decided to get a little more dramatic.


So I made a decision....






I decided to go full-on honey blonde.  This is lighter than my hair has ever been before (aside from an unmentionable 1-week stint with a bad self-lightener back in high school).  Ya know what?  I love it!  I feel like my face has brightened up.  So here's to seeing if blondes really DO have more fun.  Sorry, driver's license... but you're WRONG about that whole brunette thing. 

So, what do you think?  Ever take a hair dare?  How did you feel about it?

3 comments:

  1. Your hair looks great! So funny, too, as this morning I also woke up as a blonde for the first time! Ordinarily a brunette too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for commenting. I read every single one. :)